Friday 22 March 2013

Kite Skiing on Kempenfelt Bay, Barrie

I was skirting the bay the other day and when I saw these characters kite skiing and had to snap a few shots off. It really does look like a lot of fun, except you must have no fear of falling through the ice and into the waters beneath - a fear I've had for quite a while (fell through ice as a kid and it stuck with me). Thankfully, not actually wanting to do this - and enjoying watching it are two different things. Elizabeth and I used to love to watch them kite surfing in the summer when we lived in the Beaches area of Toronto too. They'd really flip over the large Lake Ontario waves. This being our first year up here, we have no idea about the summer beach life (and waves) in Barrie, but are soon to find out.
Anyway, it was fun shooting pic's of these guys and we look forward to walking the path around the bay - and Tiffin Conservation too!

No comments:

Post a Comment